Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What a sigh of relief!!



Well just an hour ago I finished my last final of the semester. I couldn't be happier! This semester has been a true test of everything I am made of because it was so hard - having just had a baby right before the start and juggling him, his feeding schedule, an off the walls three year old and home was just about drowning me. I know this sounds ridiculous but this semester was harder than last semester and I had Carter a week before finals and still got great grades. I believe though, that any subsequent semesters will be easier than this one and that gives me hope.
I remember posting something about adding videos of our recent events and I intend to do that right now - one is of me playing a duet with a friend/neighbor - Debby. She recently picked up the flute again after not playing for 30 years. She has been taking lessons and a few weeks back played this piece at a recital. About 5 days before the recital on the video, she asked me to play this with her and I think I did pretty good for having not really played in about 5 years myself and having 5 days to learn it. It was a blast and have since then been asked to play again and I'm glad - I really enjoy keeping up on it. The other video is of Taylor's birthday, we are all singing to her. She is such a sweetheart. She had such a good time and I am so glad that everyone that was there showed up - you could tell it really meant something to her.
Anyway, other than that life is going well. My much neglected home is going to get a good cleaning tomorrow ( and the next - it needs some serious attention) Now that I am out of school. Carter is doing great - he is rolling over from front to back and is starting to try to sit on his own a little. He is also getting much better at grabbing for things and holding onto them. He is also starting to show interest in food although he is still a month away from starting solids but its a vast improvement so far compared to his big sis. His hair is also getting a little bit lighter and pretty red - so I'm thinking its gonna stick. Thats great though because I've always liked red heads! He is a fantastic baby and as long as I am holding him he is super happy.
Taylor is just...well...off the walls as I said before. She is needing some constructive activities and I will be devoting more time to that for her this summer now that I am out of school. You can always tell when she is mad at me (aside from yelling at me nnnnnnnnO!) She tells me "yes yir majesty" Like off of Alice in Wonderland. Its hard to stay mad at her though - I think thats pretty cute.
Eric is doing great - he is a mad man in the back yard. Tonight while I was taking my final and after he put Carter down for the night, he headed out the garage and built one of his garden boxes, pretty impressive to me! I am so glad he is taking up a hobby - especially one that gets him out of doors and building things. I asked him to add my fireplace mantle to his list but he doesn't think he can "pencil that in" until August - we will see about that!

2 comments:

Avis La Fin said...

Hi Tobin,
You're doing a great job on your blogs. I especially like your photographs. I couldn't figure out how to get to the videos!? Love You. Grandma Kennedy

Susan said...

Congrats on making it through your semester. I'm soooo glad I finished my degree before I had kids - I NEVER would have made it through college otherwise. I applaud you for staying sane through it all :)

Taylor and Carter are adorable, by the way.