Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving-birthday-athon










Wow this last week was INTENSE!! Saturday we went to Salt Lake, sunday eric was sick, monday was Carter's birthday,Tuesday my girlfriends and i went out to celebrate Sarah Jane's birthday, wednesday was my birthday, thursday was Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's, friday I participated in my first frantic and disturbingly early black friday and today was one of my closest friend's (Hayley) baby shower! Just amazing! On top of that, my dad booked my flight to go out to see him - a 22 hour trip with three connections each way - I am very excited!!
Carter's birthday turned into an impromtu party - at the last minute, literally, we invited some of our closest friends over with their families to have cake and icecream, and it was quite the celebration! I unfortunately did not get any pictures on my camera but Eric's dad did. Afterward, we played volleyball late into the evening, men against women and it was such a blast! Carter really enjoyed his cake but I think that the cookie crumbles might have been a little bit of a texture issue for him. he and I also received some birthday cards and gifts and I would like to thank Grandma and Grandpa Kennedy for the birthday money, aunt susan for the card, and Grandma and Grandpa Avery for the package of birthday gifts for Carter - the clothes are a perfect fit and he loves the toys! It is so touching that the people that I love the most were thinking of Carter and I this week for our birthdays!! I would like to finish this post by sharing some pictures of our family.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm glad you and Carter had fun birthdays! Yours is easy to remember, but I totally forgot about Carter - so sorry. It looks like you both had fun celebrating!

Emily said...

Is Carter doing the splits. haha. Love the pics.