Saturday, November 22, 2008

You know you're getting old when...

Your mom calls you 4 days before your birthday to wish you a happy birthday and honestly believes she is right! I have had some quirky birthday karma these last couple of years, not last year but the two years before that, my father also forgot to call me on my birthday - his typical and anticipated routine - so last year I made sure to remind him what day it was and he fixed it. Now in his defense he does live very far a way and its at times a different day there so that is going in his favor but for my mom, well that was just funny... at least it wasn't 4 days late! Today Eric took me to see the Body Worlds exhibit in Salt Lake City - it was amazing! They use this method of preservation called "plastination" on donated bodies and then they are able to display them and pose them and fillet them, all very interesting! They have a display showing fetal growth from a zygot to a fully developed baby (all dead from natural causes) and it was amazing! seeing that, I wonder how the heck I was showing at 9 weeks with Carter?? Afterward we went to eat at the Red Iguana - way good! Speaking of Carter, Monday is his first birthday! Wow! My baby is growing up! He walks everywhere and is getting pretty fast these days and he says "dada" "mama" "hi" and "up". He is so expressive too, he has started making this face when he is upset and wants me to react, it looks like he is going to cry and he just holds it there - with out sound or at least crying until I react. Its really funny. Taylor spent the night over at Eric's parent's house with Cam's boys - she loves her cousins so much! She is such a socialite too. Anyway the count down is on to thanksgiving and I have much to do to prepare, I am very excited also to make the cake for Carter's birthday - a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, crumbled up oreos and gummy worms to look like worms in dirt - perfect for a little boy! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Cire said...

oops- I missed your birthday - hope you had a fun one and weren't upset that your favorite uncle forgot . . . now that you are OLD that makes 'aunt susan' even OLDER!